CSI & STOTT PILATES® Instructor Trainer
Melissa is classically trained in ballet and modern dance, and performed professionally in Minneapolis, MN and the Bay Area. She certified in STOTT PILATES®in St. Paul, MN (2007), studying with Kelly Dormady, Jill Winnegar, and Deborah Hunt. She completed her STOTT PILATES® full certification in 2012, and then joined the elite ranks of STOTT PILATES® Instructor Trainers in 2014.
Melissa offers her lifelong study of movement with Pilates, TRX, barre, and athletic conditioning. She works with a vast array of clients seeking general conditioning, athletic training, injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Melissa has training and experience using the Pilates method for back rehabilitation and/or management, breast cancer recovery, osteoporosis, and scoliosis. Additionally she instructs rehabilitation session for injuries ranging from joint replacements; knee meniscus tears and ACL repairs; ankle sprains and fractures; shoulder and rotator cuff strains and tears; pregnancy related trauma. Melissa has been teaching at Blue Sparrow Pilates since 2008.
- BA in Dance and a BA in Psychology, University of Minnesota
- Fully Certified STOTT PILATES® on all Equipment & all levels
- Instructor Trainer in STOTT PILATES® Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chairs, and Barrels
- Instructor Trainer TotalBarre™
- Certified TRX Suspension Trainer™
- Certified CORE™ Athletic Conditioning and Performance Training
- GYROTONIC® Apprentice Trainer