Athletic Conditioning on the Arc Barrel
Date(s) - September 22, 2018
12:15 pm - 2:15 pm
San Francisco Location
The Arc Barrel has traditionally been used solely for Pilates training. Now, explore how to utilize the cushioned and curved surface of the barrel to facilitate a unique series of stretching and strengthening moves that fit perfectly into any conditioning routine. An excellent cross-training tool, the Arc Barrel can be used to support the torso or the limbs and allow focus on isolating precise movements in individual joints. Then combine and incorporate all of them into an efficient and effective full-body workout. With this workshop, developed by the Merrithew™ team, discover how to position the Barrel in a variety of ways to mobilize and strengthen joint structures as well as to increase stability at the core.
- Apply the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles to exercises on the Arc Barrel.
- Discover how altering starting position and base of support can increase exercise intensity.
- Learn how both large and small muscle groups can be challenged.
- Learn new and innovative ways to incorporate the barrel in any mat workout.
“Early Bird” is more than 3-weeks in advance, with early registration pricing is discounted. “Late Bird” is less than 3-weeks advance.
- Early Bird $125 Single Workshop or discount for multiple Workshops in one day:
$125 Single Workshop | $225 Two Workshops | $325 Three Workshops
- Late Bird $125 per workshop
Required Materials – N/A