Intensive Mat-Plus (IMP): 8 day course
Date(s) - September 14, 2018 - October 14, 2018
1:00 pm - 6:30 pm
San Francisco Location
Intensive Mat-Plus (IMP) provides you with the solid foundation and skills you need to develop effective and motivating group and personal training programs. This course teaches you to design and teach the Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) Matwork repertoire, integrating light accessories to add variety and meet the specific needs of your clients. In addition to the general course objectives, you will learn:
- Workout composition for personal and group training
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Flex-Band®, Fitness Circle® and Arc Barrel® workouts
- Effective communication and observational skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- 63 exercises plus multiple modifications
Working knowledge of functional anatomy (or willingness to invest time prior or during the course to learn it). Minimum 30 hours Pilates classes/workouts.
“Early Bird” is more than 3-weeks in advance, with early registration pricing is discounted. “Late Bird” is less than 3-weeks advance.
- Early Bird $1,170 + Materials
- Late Bird $1,370 + Materials
Required Materials – $175 + tax
: Comprehensive Matwork Manual
4 video titles : Essential Matwork 3rd Ed , Intermediate Matwork 3rd Ed , Sculpt & Tone , Fitness Circle® Challenge
NOTE: Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Book is required for IMP and IR courses but only needs to be purchased once so not included in Course Package.